Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 4

Daisy Lowe

To Whom It May Concern,

QUESTION 4: Your greatest fears about weight loss.
That I will follow all the rules, work my arse off and not lose as much as I want/anything at all. I hate it when I play by the rules and fail regardless!


Hi, everyone! Thanks for the great comments. Here we are at day four! Today's been OK, yesterday, not so good, but at least, not awful! I was very proud of myself for setting up this diet and exercise plan. I had it all worked out, 500 calories or less, 1 hour workout or more and 1.5-2 litres of water a day, but I forgot to factor in one very important detail, the 'human element'. Our bodies cannot run on too few calories, especially not if we are working out for extended periods of time. This invariably leads to the dreaded binge! Our desire to eat and sustain our bodies is a strong one! Also, not allowing yourself a little something nice now and then can lead to a terrible binge, trust me! These things are, sadly, all part of what it is to be human.

So, in order to not feel deprived and thereby, curbing a binge, I have decided to amend my plan by allowing myself one small, handful of chocolate OR jelly sweets (200 calories or less) on a Friday, Saturday, OR Sunday. Just one day, as long as it's on the week end. The rest of the week it's back to business! I did it yesterday, as I could feel a binge coming on. I stayed strong and only had a handful of Cadbury's Whispers (like Maltesers) and my total calories only came to 745, still under 800. I panic when it starts to get more than that! The trick here is to be strict about not allowing more than a handful! I recommend going to the shops to get yourself a treat after you've eaten, otherwise the frenzy takes hold and all moderation goes out the window! I was very naughty in that I did not exercise yesterday. My day just got away from me and I ran out of time. So, here's what my day looked like yesterday...

*CALORIES: 800 or less
EXERCISE: 1 hour or more
WATER: 1.5-2 Litre

* One day on the weekend only.
...and today looked something like this...

CALORIES: 500 or less
EXERCISE: 1 hour or more
WATER: 1.5-2 Litre


Yeah, weekends are not good for me. I tend to eat a little more than I'd like. Still the extra calories were not junk calories, so I don't feel too bad! I hope you are all enjoying a good weekend and being good to yourselves. All my love.

Sincerely,
Cinnamon Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment