Thursday, January 28, 2010

In loving memory



If I have learned anything in the past few years, it is that nothing is for certain and to truly treasure the moments you have. We change so much in our young adult lives. We find love. We experience heart break. We make friends. We lose friends. We find paths we never thought existed and change our course a million times over. The reason I write this is a couple very close to us lost their father (and father in law) yesterday. This couple is very special in so many ways and we have been through many a bump in the road with them. I think in my heart, Don is smiling down at us, laughing at the silly squabbles "us kids" got into in the past and is truly happy to see that in the end we realized that friendship is one of the more important things in life. So I just wanted to take a moment to remember Don and to say thank you. When I hear Dean Martin, see someone sipping a gin and tonic, make a sandwich for TD, hear a deep rooted belly laugh that warms the heart, or hear a string of four letter words so eloquently strung together...I will think of Don. 
Rest In Peace and thank you for having such a huge impact on our lives.


"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. 
They wake up in the morning and that's the best they're going to feel all day."
-Dean Martin


No comments:

Post a Comment