Friday, May 27, 2011

Tennis With Mich!

Anaïs Nin

To Whom It May Concern,

Dear Mini&Merry,
Thank you so much for signing in with me. I hope you have a fantastic weekend!


Maria de Medeiros

Thanks again for all your wonderful comments. It's really great to hear from you all!

So, after an extremely busy day, I finally got around to buying my new scale at 7:15pm this evening and there's no way in hell I'm weighing in now! I think I'm going to wimp out again and put it off for one more week. Instead, I'm going to engage in a game of tennis with the beautiful Mich! These are some of the women I adored growing up. (Excellent idea, by the way, M.!)


I, too have a thing for Anaïs Nin and naturally loved the movie Henry and June! The picture at the top is very me! The boys and I often sit and chat in one bed with me in the middle! Isn't Richard. E. Grant (left) dashing?! He's Southern African, you know?! Maria de Madeiros, who played Anaïs is the tiniest little thing I've ever seen! So pretty! Ah, Uma, she's incredibly versatile!Those eyes!

Paulina Poriskova

As far as models go, I always thought Paulina was beautiful. Pretteh kitteh, too! And, who doesn't love the wonderfully waify Kate Moss?!

Kate Moss

Being a teenager in the 90's meant that I watched a lot of Jennifer Jason Leigh movies. However, the first movie I saw her in was The Best Little Girl In The World, back in the early 80's. She's an incredible actress! She was brilliant as Dorothy Parker, my favourite poetess, in Mrs Parker And The Vicious Circle.
Jennifer Jason Leigh

Speaking of the 90's, my favourite shows are from then as well and the leading ladies I admire most are Janine Turner form Northern Exposure and...

Janine Turner

Sherilyn Fenn of Twin Peaks fame! Utterly obsessed with Twin Peaks! Can you tell?!

Sherilyn Fenn as Audrey Horne in Twin Peaks



                                          


Marilyn Monroe

Who doesn't adore Marylin? The woman is a goddess! As a girl, I stole my mother's cerise spaghetti-strap night dress. It had little diamantes and the words "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend!" embroidered in silver thread across the chest. I made her take the straps up and take it in to fit me. In return I sang Marilyn songs to entertain her and her friends! It was hilarious because I can't carry a tune in a bucket!

Anyway, I hope you're all enjoying a great weekend and getting up to lots of mischief! Look after yourselves and let's begin next week with a vengeance! All my love as always.

Sincerely,
Cinnamon Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment