Saturday, September 11, 2010

It's All Gone To Hell In A Handbag!

Kirsten Dunst For Miu Miu.


To Whom It May Concern,

Dear Wallace and Mika,
Thank you so much for signing in. Welcome to the madness!

What an unbelievably long and tiring day! I've been on my feet since 9:00am. I work part time between two shops owned by the same tiny lady. We secretly refer to her as the 'Dragon Lady', particularly when she's being snappish! But, on the whole, she's not so bad, just a little tightly wound! Both shops are in the same lifestyle centre (shopping complex / mall), right across from one another. How convenient! The one shop, where I was stationed today, is a ladies' boutique, which sells typical fashion goods like lingerie, leggings, tops, skirts, jackets and also affordable evening gowns. The other store is a typical small gift shop and sells everything from handbags to gift bags! Not to mention, really, really cheap make-up and accessories! I love this shop! Despite my working at both shops, I almost never seem to have any money. I spend it all on handbags, earrings, tights and eyeshadow. Oh God, I'm such a girl! Cringe! But at such good prices, how can a girl refuse?!

The boutique did a fair bit of trade today, despite the fact that Matric Dance (Senior Prom) Season has come to an end. The last function we catered for was the Spring Ball held between two of the snootiest schools (one all boys, one all girls) in our town. Very 'Gossip Girl' indeed! Ick! I suspect that sales will remain good as Spring hails the start of a new season... Wedding Season! Oh Jesus, bitchy brides-to-be... Save me!

The Summer stock is arriving by the truck load. The 'little woman' really has the place filled to capacity with some lovely things indeed. I've got my eye on a candy apple red, flapper style dress. The front of which is covered in little jewels and roses. I know it sounds kitsch, but it's really quite cute! If I'm good this week and shift a little weight, I'll reward myself and maybe post a pic! Hold thumbs!

Sincerely,
Cinnamon Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment