Sunday, September 19, 2010

Back To The Drawing Board!

Cat Power (Chan Marshall), I love you!

Currently listening to...

By the abovementioned! ( Yes Gem, still!)

To Whom It May Concern,

My body has cottoned on to the fact that I'm dieting! Fuck! Quite frankly, I'm amazed that I managed to bullshit it for this long. It has sensed that I'm trying to lose weight and has flat out refused to co-operate! Time for a new strategy, I think! It has occurred to me that, although I can go for long periods of time without food, this might, in fact be hindering my metabolism and therefore, my weight loss. I think I'm going to skip fasting for a bit and focus more on restriction via extreme calorie and portion control! To all my girls currently on the fast, I salute you! Stay strong!


I spent much of last night investigating better, more clever ways to go about the business of slimming. Here and here are two sites that I found useful. They are 1000 calorie-a-day oriented sites with helpful hints on how to restrict wisely to get better results; tips for burning tummy fat; low calorie alternatives to fatty favourites etc. I looked into these sites, not only for myself, but with my dieting 'followers' in mind too. I hope they help, girls!

This is, most probably, going to be the hardest thing I've ever done, what with being a food addict and all. Being an avid student of all things related to the human experiment, I want to explore the extent of my self control and just plain see if I can do this! I want to know if I can stare this obstacle right in the eye and take it down with willpower alone! You know me, I love a good challenge! And I always win my stare-a-thons. Just ask the felines! Ha!


Together with my trusty Australian Women's Weekly fat+carb pocket guide, and avoiding the all foods that upset my digestion, I'm going to come up with some high protein/low carb, gluten-free meal plans amounting to no more than 1000 calories per day. I decided on this method after chatting to my house mate who had read quite an interesting theory. The theory is this: take the amount of calories needed to sustain your current weight and divide it by 3. Therefor a woman, aged 18-35 and weighing 59kg's, like I do, needs 2050 calories to sustain this weight. If I divide this by 3, I get 683 (for argument's sake let's say 700). So if I keep my intake to between 700 and 1000 a day, plus exercise for at least 30 minutes, for at least 5 days a week, I should see some changes. I'll let you know how it goes and post meal plans as I think of them. Think of me and wish me luck!

Sincerely,
Cinnamon Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment