Friday, August 27, 2010

T. G. I. F.!

Shannyn Sossamon

To Whom It May Concern,

The high point of a truly pointless week... weigh-in 59kg (130lbs). OK, that's just sad! My life is such a snore!

This week really was a total drag, pardon the pun! Work on Monday was a complete snooze fest! Not sure how we made it out alive. Oh yes, strong coffee and plenty of it! Well, with the week off to such a crappy start, it's no wonder I spent the rest of it in a thoroughly irritable mood! Definitely hormonal!

Tuesday was full moon and as per usual, I morphed into the dreaded, snarling 'menstrual monster', biting off heads left and right! My poor housemates! Although, I suspect they sneak off into the back to have a good chuckle at the 'shouteous beastie'! (Thanks a lot, guys!) Good thing, they never really take me seriously, hey?

I spent much of this week like the last, fasting during the day and exercising a lot. I've been battling a bit to get through my dinners and completed another 48 hour fast at midweek. I've been experiencing a distinct lack of interest in most things lately, not just dinner. I don't know what to make of it, but I'm sure that like most things, this too shall pass! No matter how much uncertainty we face in life, there are always a few things we can count on, death, taxes and the inevitable impermanence of it all!

Perhaps today would be better spent in distraction. Yes, I think so. I'm going to attempt to cheer myself up by going to the hair salon later. Just a trim and a tidy, of course. I'm trying very hard to grow out this 'Velma Dinkly' bob! A mid-length 'do is more of a 'don't' on me! To quote the late, lamented Lizard King, '...some of biggest regrets have been hair cuts...' Oh well, live and learn!

Sincerely,
Cinnamon Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment