Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sunshine Fast

Today's Thinspo

To Whom It May Concern,

So, this is my eating plan. When the sun shines, I fast. I find a simple plan is always best! I choose to fast for many reasons, control being one of them. Also, it's just easier on my digestion. Having a sensitive digestive system, it seems wiser to not complicate matters further with extraneous eating, so I limit this activity to just once a day. I also enjoy the sensation of hunger and find it weirdly empowering! At sundown I break the fast with a small meal. This is usually a sideplate of food consisting of lean meat, grilled or braised and one vegetable, steamed or grilled. The portion rarely exeeds a handful. Some nights, for extra protein, I'll add a boiled egg. Having lost 13 kg on Dr. Atkins' Diet I can really recommend high protein! I drink 2 litres of water each day as I get dehydrated quickly and I find that drinking water before, during and after a meal helps with portion control. Regular cups of green tea and coffee (no milk or sugar) also take the edge off and help get me through the day.

Exercise is a must for me. I find hours of cardio not only dead boring, but also extremely useless for anything other than keeping fit! Nope, if it's going to work, it must be just that, work! I enjoy no more than twenty minutes of strenuous exercise at one time and because execise is cumulative, I can cram a number of twenty minute sessions into one day!
My workout includes a combination of isometric exercises, ballet and yoga stretches as well as 'hill drill'. This is essentially running up and down a small stretch of ground set on a gradual incline, a hill! Only really beneficial if there's one close by or if you live in San Francisco! I also enjoy my elliptical walker. I set the resistance belt really tight and walk for twenty minutes. It feels just like walking up a really steep sand dune!
What can I say, I'm a sucker for punishment!
Well that's it in a nutshell!

Sincerely,
Cinnamon Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment