Friday, May 14, 2010

For the groom.

When I got married, my AMAZING MOH (and my sister) made adorable shirts for all the bridesmaids and myself to wear while getting ready. Besides being amazingly thoughtful, they made for really awesome pictures as you can see below! I even had my own tshirt that said "Mrs. Dexter" on the back. It was great. Thanks Molly Rose. You're the best around!


Yet what do the guys have that make them feel special? Now let's face it...your groom is probably not going to jump at the idea to hand craft these t-shirts but I do believe that it would be an awesome touch (and make for great photographs if the whole wedding party wore them). So here is another DIY project I found on My DIY Wedding Day. If you do make them, take pictures and send to me at shannon@allyouneedisloveevents.com! I would LOVE to see them:)

Step 1: Use the word-processing program on your computer to play around with fonts. Choose a style you like -- simple, fancy, formal or fun. You can use the same font for all your shirts or mix them up.

Step 2: Size your graphics, measuring how wide across the chest you’d like the word to extend. A good maximum width for a single word is 8". If you're using the same font for all the shirts, size the longest word or phrase first (here, it's best man) and use that size for all the shirts to keep things consistent.

Step 3: Reverse your graphic horizontally to make it a mirror image. Make the font whatever color you want it to be on your shirt. Save your files separately as PDFs, TIFFs or JPEGs.

Step 4: Print the files out onto iron-on transfer paper. Then, follow the instructions that come with the paper to iron the transfers onto the shirts. Place the graphic about 4 1/2" to 6" under the top of the neckline. You can also take the files and your blank T-shirts to your nearby Kinkos or local copy store, where they can make a transfer of your artwork and iron it on your shirt for about $10. Be sure to let them know exactly where you'd like the graphic placed.

And when you are done....
you have adorable shirts that let the men know who they are once they have had too much to drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment