Monday, March 8, 2010

Location. Location. Location.

Finding the perfect place to get married can be tricky. Some people know where they want to have their wedding before they even have a ring, but for others, the thought of where has never crossed their minds. Lately, Vikki and I have been talking to many brides that are searching for that perfect location. The advice that we give is to not settle for what you think might work. Vikki and Brian said they KNEW that their wedding location was "the" place right when the walked in. For TD and me, Ojai was always the spot where we wanted to get married. Now obviously money plays a major role in these decisions. BUT what we tell our brides is that you will know when the place is right...it isn't something that one can explain...just like love. You will just know. SO...since location sites has been a hot topic lately, I though I would feature a venue that I have just discovered and fallen in love with.


Culver City, California

Who would have thought in little old Culver City that this 100% solar-powered, private 6500 square foot beautifully designed building would exist? The Smog Shoppe is referred to as LA's greenest urban oasis and is conveniently located in the heart of Culver CIty just minutes from Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, and LAX. What I LOVE about this space is that it is so intimate yet feels as if you are inside of an Anthropologie! I think all of the succulents hanging from the walls adds such an earthy feeling to the venue that you don't find in the middle of a city. The pictures that have been taken are also GORGEOUS which tells me that the venue truly lends itself to that. Overall, I am praying that at some point I will get the chance to work at this site. Any takers????


(courtesy of Project Wedding)

(courtesy of Jerry Yoon Photography)




No comments:

Post a Comment