Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Got Blood?!

Evan Rachel Wood as Sophie-Anne Leclerq. (True Blood)

To Whom It May Concern,

Dear grantthegeek,
Thank you so much for signing in. Geeks are über-hot in my book!

So, as I'm on 'Dratkins' once again, I thought a picture of the Vampire Queen of Louisiana only fitting! She's a good choice, she really fits the part so well!

Well, I thought I'd only do the two week Induction Phase of the Dr. Atkins Diet. It's not too long and it's very effective! The object of this diet is ketosis. This means as much protein and as no more than 20 g of carbohydrates a day. The thing I like most about this plan is that fat is not an issue, because your body metabolises it for fuel and it simply burns up. Yay! Who thought that eating meat a-plenty would cause weight loss?! The only meat to avoid is processed meat, as it contains cereal, which contains carbs and smoked meat like bacon, as it contains nitrates, which take the body out of ketosis. If you can find nitrate-free bacon, lucky you, I can't find it anywhere!

As I promised, gem, here is a typical meal plan:

BREAKFAST:

2 Scrambled eggs done in butter
30 g Grated Cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp Hellman's Mayo (0 carbs!)

PROTEIN: 18 g
CARBS: 0.5 g

LUNCH:

1 Tin of tuna in brine
1 Tbsp Hellman's Mayo
30 g Grated Cheddar cheese
50 g Raw cucumber

PROTEIN: 33 g
CARBS: 0 g

DINNER:

100 g cubed chicken (approx 1 skinless/ boneless breast) stir fried in olive oil with garlic and herbs
100 g Steamed pumpkin

PROTEIN: 30 g
CARBS: 4 g

SNACK:

30 g Cheddar cheese cubes  PROTEIN: 8 g  CARBS: 0 g

TOTAL FOR THE DAY:


PROTEIN: 89 g
CARBS: 4.5 g

I know, this diet is disgusting, but I love how it ravages my body like a starving vampire!

Sincerely,
Cinnamon Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment