Wednesday, April 21, 2010

MAZEL TOV

I truly LOVE a good Jewish wedding. It seemed that the year before TD and I tied the knot, all we did was attend jewish weddings. We liked so many things from the Jewish ceremonies that we incorporated them in to our own ceremony. Yes...Imitation is the sincerest of flattery. As I was looking at Paisley Petunia today, I saw this adorable story and it truly warmed my heart. Read on....


S writes:
"In preparation for my best friend’s recent wedding, her mom reached out to close family and friends to each make a fabric square for the couple’s chuppah. In the Jewish religion, a chuppah symbolizes the home the couple will build together. She collected the squares and had them sewn together to make a beautiful quilt-like piece. As an extra touch, 4 Aspen trees were sent from their home state of Colorado, representing their childhood and families. Memories, stories, blessings, wishes and funny photos hung above them as they recited their vows. It was a beautiful, heart-felt sentiment to add to an already very personalized wedding. I really loved this idea."
{the happy couple getting married under the handmade chuppah}
via {here}

No comments:

Post a Comment