Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Amazing

I have written about my Fairy God Planner many times on this blog but here is something not many people know. About 3 months after I hired Ryan, she got pregnant with her daughter Tate. It was so exciting and she assured me that the baby was going to be born "prior to wedding season like they planned". We waited on baited breath to hear about Ryan's new bundle of joy and when the time came, I felt elated for this beautiful family. When we started to figure out logistics for the wedding, TD and I wanted to ask Ryan to stay up at Ojai for the night before the wedding, as well as the day of. She expressed that she would most likely drive back on the rehearsal night to be with her husband. I was not going to take no for an answer and kept pushing that she and her family should come stay. That is when Ryan told me that her husband Matt had been diagnosed with a kidney disease and was on dialysis. Being far away from the hospital was not good for him. You see...this is what sets apart people. Ryan did not even let on that her personal life was in disarray and that the unknown was looming. She set a smile and told me my wedding day was going to be perfect. I couldn't wrap my head around the idea that she even attempted to focus on anyone else but herself at that moment. Ryan did end up bringing her family to Ojai. Matt was able to dialysis at a hospital in Ventura. It was wonderful to walk the property the day of the wedding and see Ryan, Matt, Jax, and Tate enjoying some time together...time that was obviously needed.

A year later and Matt is doing well. Ryan sent me this video to show us all just how precious life is and as we say, in the end, love is all you need. Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment