Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ahead of my time

TD's family members are all impressive gardners. Every time we are at the in-laws house, we do a tour of the back yard to see the new and improved changes they have made (and I really do mean THEY have made). I, on the other hand, come from a family that struggles to keep a ficus alive. Ultimately, when it came to picking floral designs for our wedding, I knew that I wanted to have something that could make it through my horrendous green thumb and come out looking beautiful as ever. My mother in law has always created these impressive and beautiful succulent arrangements and this spearheaded our idea of having centerpieces that were beautiful, simple, and reusable (note: TD and I were greeted when we arrived back from our honeymoon with succulents from our wedding being planted in our front garden. They are still living...no thanks to me).

As I scour through the millions of blogs, I am noticing over and over again that succulents are definitely IN and I was definitely ahead of my time. So for those brides thinking of incorporating succulents into their weddings, here are some pictorial inspirations to get your creative mind flowing!












No comments:

Post a Comment