Monday, April 12, 2010

Kid Friendly


A lot of people question whether or not to invite children to their wedding. I know that TD and I decided not to invite kids more so because if we had, I would have invited 20 of my students without blinking an eye. BUT...if I could have invited them without blowing my budget, I would have had such an amazing time planning the kid friendly table. So for those of you thinking about inviting the little ones to your wedding, here are some ideas that I have really enjoyed seeing!

1. This idea was seen at Project:Bride!. This blogger created specialized spots for each child with an activity box as their placecards. Each box was tailored to the individual child's age and interest. Every seat was given their own box of chocolate milk for the kiddies to enjoy. This is a great way to keep your kids active and interested and NOT in the cake center!





2. At Bridal Buds, they decided to do an activity center for the children invited to their wedding. They included at their special childrens table:
  • coloring pages (Cowboy, Barn, Armadillo, Just Married couple in car, and a Ladybug) and crayolas
  • gumball machine as the centerpiece
  • treat bags filled some candy
  • books
  • card games
  • slinky
  • vintage looking race car



3. Another one of my favorite blogs (We Met in a Bar) decided to make a children's activity table . My favorite part about this table is that they used craft paper table cloths (like this one from Ikea) so that the kiddies could make a mess and it wouldn't matter. If I was invited to this wedding, I would so find my way to this table!




No comments:

Post a Comment