Sunday, June 13, 2010

"We Got No Troubles! Life is the Bubbles!" (Photographers in Peril part 4)



Check out the perfomances of the band at http://www.youtube.com/user/herberthumphrey



Somebody suggested if I could do a Dave Hill-ish style of Photo manip. Well, frankly, as a photo manip artist, I wanted to make my own identity but of course I can't deny that request since Dave Hill is one of the most popular photo manipulation artists out there. If he's a Tiger Shark, I'm still just a little Nemo swimming past him cowering in a wide ocean, dreaming that someday I could be like him, if Father fate intervenes. :) Anyway, here's my way of making that request into reality but of course, I don't want it to be 100% Dave Hill-ish and I wanted it to be visually realistic than being a total drawing-type of output.
Starring in this photo are the great array of underwater creatures, also the three of the five members of "The Sad Dicks" band which is based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (Sadiq means friend in Arabic) and finally, of course, our unknown 'Photographer in Peril' who is our "almost" hidden subject. :)
Armed with a Nikon D90 and a SB900, I took the shot during the performance of Sadiq band on a farewell party for a fellow photography enthusiast and never in my mind, at that time, I could use this image for an Under The Sea theme. But I guess my pursuit for underwater photography inspired me to do this image and I'm so happy I finished it in less than 3 hours. Whew! Well, see you around, I still have to get my tail stuck from a hungry clam shell. (Click images to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment