Monday, April 25, 2011

Sincere Thanks

Clara Bow

To Whom It May Concern,

Dear americaneaglelove,
Thank you so much for signing in. I hope your day is bright and beautiful!

I must just say a very big thank you to all of you for your kind words and undying support via comment and e-mail. You are all far too good to me and I don't deserve a single one of you.

I'm sorry I've been such a sad loser of late, I just needed to check out of society for a bit. I seem to have fallen into a deep pit of despair and I'm struggling to drag myself out of it. I also don't want to infect anyone with my depression, so I've chosen to just remain silent for a while. I find myself sulking in bed most days, asking the the same questions: "Why bother?" and "What's the point?" I feel like I have no hope and I don't like it. I must change this mindset or I fear I will go off the deep end and get myself a one-way ticket to a drug heavy pyjama party at the local psychiatric hospital! Oh hell, no!


I posted pictures of the lovely Clara Bow today because, as you can see from her autograph at the top, she was the inspiration for my blog title. I really admire her. Despite being born into abject poverty and a having a hard life, she never let it get to her. She always put on a brave face and wore a pretty, painted smile. She took it all in her stride and really embraced the good, old adage of "The show must go on." I wish I were more like her. It would stand me in good stead, I think.

In an attempt to alleviate my depression, I spent the Easter weekend in a state of utter debauchery! My COE and BED got completely out of hand. I won't elaborate, because the details of which could inspire a bout of heavy nausea, followed by a nasty bout of spontaneous vomiting in most of you and we don't want that, now do we?! Yikes! As is to be expected, I feel right and royally dreadful and I'm re-devoting my life to clean living and healthy eating as of now. I seriously can't bear another day of eating crap! Objective achieved! I can only say that my metabolism must have improved greatly because, all things considered, I should be much heavier! Thanks, Green Tea tablets!

In the blasphemous tradition, for which I am notorious, I celebrated the Easter weekend by watching Monty Python's "Life of Brian" and laughed my head off! I'm pleased to report that I'm feeling a bit better!

Well, Monday is almost over here and thankfully it's back to 'normal' life, without holiday candies and family face-stuffing sessions, so perhaps we can all get back to a little (healthy?) restriction and weight loss. I sure hope so! The weather has improved by leaps and bounds so, no more excuses for not exercising! The awful, oppressive heat has fucked off and made way for blissfully mild and thoroughly pleasant days, followed by cool, bright and super-starry nights. Evening walks here have become very beautiful indeed! The owls are all calling and the bats are on top form!


I wish you all a wonderful week and nothing but the very best for your new diets, eating plans and exercise routines. Stay strong, everybody! All my love.

Sincerely,
Cinnamon Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment