Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sick And Tired!


To Whom It May Concern,

I've been sick all week, that's why I've not been posting as much and why my comments have been so lame. I've been dog-tired., too! Sorry everyone. I feel like 12 different kinds of shit right now. I've had a nasty dose of sore throat/post-nasal drip/runny nose/cough/pain/congestion/blocked ears/sneezing! I hate being sick, it's really very unpleasant! I'm almost never sick, so when I get it, I get it good! Hopefully, this will be it, illness-wise, for me for another 3 years, or so! Plus, I've been so bloated, I fear that I've put on all the weight I lost these last few weeks. I missed my Friday weigh-in, mostly out of fear! I'll give it a go again next Friday and try not to slit my wrists!


I've been working on several things at once again, one of which is 'itty, bitty, kittehs' (see here). They turned our great and were very quick to make. I've sold out all my stock ( Thank you, PhotoPixie) and need to make more. I want to try something a little more complicated this week along with finishing a beanie and fingerless gauntlets for Grant and a winter top for myself. I'll post those details as soon as I'm finished.


Well, summer's back for one last hurrah! This heat (32°C/89.6°F) is not helping my headache! We actually had a taste of cooler weather last week! The temperature dropped to a lovely 19°C/66°°F and it rained the whole day, too. It was blissful! I'm a bit strange in that I love rainy days! I'm desperate for some more cooler days, I can't get anything done in this oppressive heat! I really can't wait for winter!


I'm dying for a day/weekend where I can just curl up on the couch with a warm blanket, a good book and a purring cat. Bella usually sleeps with me, as Sphinx likes to spread out in the bean bag! Lazy lump! I enjoy the simple pleasures, but I won't lie, I could do with a little more money! Speaking of blankets, I have 2 that I want to finish this year, so I better get on with that too. I never seem to have enough: a) hours in the day and b) hands and c) money for supplies! Oh well...!


My diet is starting to depress me. Not having something sweet in my life is a sad reminder of just how much importance I place on food and foods that are bad for my body/waistline in particular. The deviant in me likes to indulge in these things once in a while, because I know I really shouldn't. Unfortunately, I always end up paying the price and I end up binging, too! It saddens me that I derive so much pleasure and excitement from food, especially since I get nothing out of it, except a fat arse and a spastic colon! I have a feeling that when Lent comes to an end on Friday, I'm going to go off the deep end and eat myself into a coma! Where is the moderation and the self discipline? Is there no growth? Only the growth of my stomach, thighs, butt and low self esteem, it seems! Oy! I need killing!


Another thing that depresses me, and that I really must stop doing, is blog hopping. I end up on these gorgeous sites, belonging to thin, attractive girls, who document all the cupcakes, deli sandwiches and Starbucks they enjoy, without a thought for their weight/calorie intake or whether it will upset their stomachs or lead to a binge. I often wonder what that's like and it depresses me. I stumbled on this one earlier and I must say, I'm envious! She's really pretty, too! FML!


I felt awful on Wednesday and thought a 'fruit cleanse' might help, but by midday, I was so bloated and light headed from the overdose of sugars/fibre that I had to go lie down. Not clever, I felt even worse and I spent the rest of the day on the khazi! This is why I usually keep my fruit intake to a minimum! I keep a little in the house for those days when I'm craving something sweet, but I try to never over indulge, the price is just too high. The birds and little creatures enjoyed what was left and I will be sticking to some nice sugar-free gum to alleviate my cravings!


I hope this final week of Lent goes well for us all and that we all just have a better week in general. I will be concentrating on my handwork and in between dreaming of Seattle and Washington State! For those of you who don't know, I've never been there, but I hope to some day. It's my 'Paris'!  I hope you all have a fantastic Sunday and stay strong, everyone! I leave you with some thinspo and all my love.

Sincerely,
Cinnamon Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment