Thursday, March 19, 2009

What have i been doing?

Wow its been a while since i last posted here kinda been busy with work and all. February was a frakkin doozy, Valentines week was fun and tiring at the same time. We got tons of orders and we only got a handful of complaints.

But after the controlled chaos that was valentines day i got sick and also my family. We bought food from three restaurant to celebrate a belated valentines day. The following day i got a major case of diarrhea or diarrhoea (which ever spelling you prefer) i was practically in the bathroom the whole frakkin day. My mom and two brothers got sick too. I wasn't able to go to work for 3 or 4 days.

What else have i been doin? Aside from the usual uploading of new products to sell online, i am also creating a website, an online store again but this time i am doing it the old school way. I'm talking pure html and css code via notepad. No fancy smancy CMS. I feel like I'm in highschool again hehehe. Why am i doing it you may ask? Well the boss wants me to do it for the sake of SEO and stuff, who am i to argue. But honestly doing the site is lots of fun.

What else... I was surfing the net for a e-commerce plugin for wordpress when i found craftycart it was exaactly what i needed. It was nice but my boss wanted me to use pure html so i have to put it in the back burner for a while. Using craftycart for a while got me thinking, can i create an online store using blooger. The answer was yes. So i made one using paypal, you can see my experiment here. Did some blogger tricks to make it look that way. One of the tricks or tips i used was using the conditional tags and Blogger buster's article on conditional tags "Display Elements only on Home, Item or Archive Pages in Blogger" was a big help. Right now I'm thinking of porting CraftyCart template to blogger and use simpleCart(js) + paypal as it's shopping cart. That is if i can make some time for it.

Thats all for now, Cya!

No comments:

Post a Comment