Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Apps on My PC: VirtuaWin

I'm a linux user since wayback. One of the things i like to use in linux is the virtual desktop because i like switching from one desktop to another basically to hide NSFW stuff. :D

A couple of weeks ago my boss showed me is his brand new os x leopard and all its features and the one thing that caught me is "spaces" which kinda look familiar oh wait i know its the same as virtual desktop on linux except it has a better name. So i figured i want one on my office laptop which sad to say is running windows xp. I googled for some virtual desktop software for windows and i found this wonderful piece of an open-source software named VirtuaWin. its just a simple program that sit on your systray and does its job pretty well. But what does its really do? well here's a quote from the official site of VirtuaWin:
A virtual desktop manager lets you organize applications over several virtual desktops (also called 'workspaces'). Virtual desktops are very common in Unix/Linux, and once you get accustomed to using them, they become an essential part of a productive workflow.


nuff reading start downloading!

Screenshots:



VirtuaWin[virtuawin.sourceforge.net]

No comments:

Post a Comment