Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Recipe For Dear Danae!

Today's Thinspo!

To Whom It May Concern,

Dear DressageWoman,
Thank you so much for signing in! Hope you don't mind me and my horse feathers!

So there's a howling wind blowing again! Fucking South-Easter! It always makes me grumpy! I'm trying really hard today to not dwell on all the things that are making me miserable! My weight going nowhere! The way people always use and abuse me and just generally treat me like shit or ignore me and treat me like I don't exist and not answer my e-mails and texts etc. I can't complain because these things are the direct result of me being a lazy sack o' shit and a fucking irritating one at that! I  wonder if the latter is the reason my so-called best friend, who I've known since I was 8, just stopped speaking to me for no reason, whatsoever, 2 FUCKING YEARS AGO!!! Sorry, I didn't want to turn this post into a total whinge fest. I'll quit now!

Anyway, Danae and I have been on a soup kick lately and she so kindly asked for this recipe. I made it for din-dins last night. This one's for you, Doll!

This shitty picture is one I took! You can tell! Yikes!
GINGER CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE SOUP

3 tsp olive oil
1 clove of garlic, cut into matchsticks (quadruple this if you're Elara!)
2 inch piece of fresh ginger, cut into matchsticks

1 medium onion chopped
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
half a bunch of celery, chopped
2 large carrot, peeled and cut into thickish rounds
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
300-400ml chicken stock. I like my soup very brothy, so I add more.
1 tsp dried parsley and 1 tsp dried thyme. You can use fresh if you have it!
salt and pepper to taste


Heat the olive oil in a large pot and brown the chicken. Add garlic, ginger and onion and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Season with herbs, salt and pepper. Add vegetables and stock, make sure there is enough liquid to cover thoroughly. (I was craving salt, so I added extra stock cube and topped up the water!) Reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes. For a extra kick, add cayenne pepper!
Serves 6
173 calories per serving

This is traditionally a warming winter soup, but sometimes, when the craving has spoken, you gotta do what you gotta do! Hope you are all well.

Sincerely,
Cinnamon Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment