Monday, February 8, 2010

When A Marriage Shows Its True Colors

This weekend I was blessed with not one, not two, but three ailments! I came down with a sinus infection, strep throat, and the flu all at the same time. Now usually, I can tell when strep is coming...I am a natural. BUT of course...this time, I didn't know and got hit like a freight train. Ran a fever for 2 days:(

Here are a few photographs of how I was feeling this weekend:




In the end, all I really wanted was my Mommy and Daddy!

But through it all, TD came out shinning. How you ask? As I got home from Urgent Care and my hour long trip to pick up my medications from Sav-On (people are idiots), I returned to this question:

TD: "Honey, you don't have to if you don't 
want to but...do you mind vacuuming?"

And here is what makes it work people. I got out of bed and I vacuumed because my husband had asked. Yes...sick as a dog, I made sure we had those perfect lines on the carpet. For what I am coming to realize day in and day out is that marriage is a partnership and even if I was feeling under the weather, TD was picking up the brunt of the work by cleaning the entire house to make my life easier (okay those that know him know that it is really to make his life easier too but let's let the blogosphere think it was all for me). But I won't lie...the next time he gets sick (which is truly far and few between) you better bet that I will be asking him to fix the kitchen sink!





No comments:

Post a Comment