Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Meet Ashley and Randy

This is Ashley.

This is Randy.
(Randy is the human...Eleanor Rigby is the puppy)


Their story is so adorable I had to let them tell it in their own words!

The Engagement




 Ashley's POV: The week of our engagement was admittedly a rough one as my department at WB had been dissolved. I had spent the entire day joking with a coworker how the layoffs were just the opportunity to invent "next big thing." I went home in a tizzy, opened the door and said, "Randy, I think I've invented the next Snuggie" (Ed note:  My incredible brainchild has since been invented.  Kids - if you stumble upon an ingenius idea, get to patenting before someone else does!  Ask Randy about the beer glove...). Moments after the Snuggie comment, I looked around the apartment and it looked AMAZING.  The floor was swept, furniture dusted, there were even candles and flowers on the table.  At this point most girls would probably start suspecting something, but completely oblivious, I continued on my Snuggie tirade.

 Randy made most delicious dinner, complete with wine pairings and a Top Chef favorite, scallops!  We spent the dinner chatting.  Randy even mentioned at one point how "we've never had a lull in conversation since our very first date."  Still, I remained completely unsuspecting. After dinner, Randy told me there is one last thing and then bent down on one knee. All I could think was, "Is he tying his shoe?"...and then "This is going to be one of those sad romantic comedies when the guy says,'I've been wanting to tell you something" and the girl screams out "I do!" and the guy says, "You are a great gal."So while I'm thinking of all the aforementioned movies, Randy said some very nice things, which I'll never remember! But eventually, I did say, "YES!"
 I go to work the next day and tell all my coworkers and agree that we need a celebratory happy hour!  We decide to go to Robano's, a little Italian place by WB.  Breanna drives me over and we park in the back.  She motions for us to go around the front, but I'm persistent that there is a back entrance (with a HUGE sign that says ROBANO's btw).  Finally, she agrees to go in the back so we walk through the restaurant to the patio and I see one of our friends, Mike.  I say to Bre, "How funny! My friend Mike is here. I'm going to go say hello."  I walk around a group of tables and there is Randy with a huge red boom box over his head playing our song, "Kickstart My Heart."  A huge group of my friends are also there wearing t-shirts that Randy designed for the occasion and fully loaded confetti guns. It was the best Engagement 48 Hours I could have imagined!


  

 Randy's POV:
 I had purchased a ring awhile ago and couldn't wait to pop the question, but I also wanted to make sure that everything was planned just right.  I couldn't do it before I asked Ashley's parents for their blessing, "and that had to be done in person so it can't happen until after I see them", I was thinking.  Every step was like this.  So it took a while.  The big question was do I do something grand and spectacular or something quite and personal.  I eventually decided that I could do both.
I took off work early so I could get home and clean the house and get the food prepared and in the oven.  Ashley had bought me a cookbook for Christmas and I decided to make a 3 course meal for her using recipes from it.  When she got home, she didn't seem to realize how odd it was that I had cleaned.  We started to eat and it felt just like our first date.  After the meal, I got on one knee said some wonderfully rehearsed things to her and asked her to marry me.  At first she didn't say anything, like she didn't know what was happening, then finally she said yes!  I later learned that she didn't say anything because she thought I was going to tie my shoe.

 The next day, I wanted to surprise her again.  I had an idea to make t-shirts and have a bunch of people wearing them, but it didn't really seem right for the proposal.  It did seem right for a surprise congratulatory party though.  So I make some t-shirts in the vein of the "Save Mary-Kate" one she bought from me before we knew each other and invited some friends to meet me at a restaurant.  They all put the t-shirts on and I gave them some confetti six-shooters that I'd been dying to try since I found out they existed.  As soon as Ashley walked through the door I held up a boombox playing our song and everyone shot confetti up into the air.  This time she did not think anyone was tying their shoe. 

    


Needless to say, these two were definitely meant for one another! I am so excited that these two wonderful people are allowing me to be their wedding coordinator for the upcoming nuptials at 
The Los Angeles River Center and Gardens in April. I am so excited to help them celebrate their special day and work with such awesome people. They have such a unique style and so will their wedding. I have really enjoyed getting to hear all of their great stories and the millions of things these two have in common. You can tell that this is love that is timeless...and one has to really give props to anyone who repeats the scene from Say Anything! Can't wait to get these two lovebirds hitched!




No comments:

Post a Comment